Julie's Journey

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Reasons for wanting to lose weight

I am in a bit of a funk right now. I feel like I will be stalled forever. I actually have done quite well, considering the fact that I have not done a lick of exercise since my banding. I bought some tennis shoes at Wal-Mart a couple of weeks ago--- I need to try them on. If they fit, I need to get my fat ass out and walk. If they don't I need to take them back, find some that do fit, put them on and get my fat ass out and walk.

I really would love to go swimming. I am just waiting for my wound to heal. Of course, that happening is a double edged sword. I will be able to go swimming... which will be so much easier on my poor abused knees than walking. The flip side of that is that I will have to get a J-O-B. We really need the money, supporting two households for a year and a half can be quite financially damaging, take my word for it. The other day my husband handed me the want ads "just in case you may want to look at them" none too subtle, huh? I know it's inevitable, I just don't want to have to walk into interviews and see that "My God, she's huge" look on their faces. OK...so maybe that look is all in my head.... but either way, I still see it.

Now, on to my list (in no particular order):

Kayleigh
being healthy
playing with Kayleigh
not seeing "that look" when I go to a job interview, or meet new people.
seeing Kayleigh grow up
not having to use seatbelt extenders..in cars or planes
going to a restauraunt and not worrying the chair will be too tight, or the booth too small
feeling better physically
being able to walk up stairs
riding a bike
getting a better job (I want to go to nursing school)
not being afraid to meet new people
being able to get up on stage and sing karaoke (OK, I can do that now... but I worry about what people are thinking about how I look)
not thinking of the scale as the enemy
hiking (I have all this beautiful terrain to discover in CO, and all I see it from is the car)
going to an amusement park
playing tennis or raquetball
feeling more self confident


That is my list for now... there are lots more reasons, I just can't think of them right now. I will post them when I do.

2 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Julie,
What a great post. I love your attitude and determination. You can do this. Your last weekly weight loss posted is three pounds. That's wonderful weight loss. Just keep going one step at a time and you'll get there. Big hug!

Melissa

September 3, 2008 at 1:51 PM  
Blogger Diz said...

All excellent reasons. Now you just need to lighten the load on your shoulders a little bit more. Please stop worrying about what others think of you. You are a good, beautiful person...that's all that matters.

September 3, 2008 at 10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home