Julie's Journey

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Looking forward to 50 pounds

As you can see, I finally passed that pesky 40 pound mark. Now I am aiming for 50 pounds. Kayleigh and I are going to MI 6 weeks from today, and I really want to be down a total of 60 or more by then. I know that is somewhat ambitious, since with the band you are supposed to lose 1-2 a week. I figure if I keep up my swimming (which, by the way..I love) I will hopefully come close.

I was at the gym the other day, and there were a couple of older women in the dressing room with me. As they walked out I noticed one of the women had massive extra skin. I really wanted to ask her about it, but didn't want to be rude. Finally I just went up to her and asked her if she had lost a lot of weight. She told me she had lost 240lbs!!! It was so nice to have someone to talk to about weight loss (she had gastric bypass) She gave me some good advice about eating and exercising. Ater aerobics I was telling her it was our wedding anniversary the next day (8 years!!!) and we were going out to dinner. I told her I didn't know where we should go, and she suggested Olive Garden. That's where we went. I had half a bowl of soup, one bread stick (I used to eat a basket...or two!!!) and a little less than half of my stuffed chicken Marsalla. It was so good!!! I boxed up the rest of the chicken, and all the way home my mouth was watering...I wanted to finish it so badly. (For those non-lapbanders this is considered "head hunger"... wanting to eat when you are not hungry)

I tried to finish the chicken yesterday for breakfast...what a mistake. First thing in the morning my band seems to be a bit tighter. The chicken stuck...badly. I was in pain (you would be too, if you had an elephant sitting on your chest ) I slimed (brought up frothy fluid) I PB'd (productive burp... lets just say you revisit what you just ate), and still it hurt. So.... back to liquids for me yesterday!!!

I was a bit bummed the other day. I have a pair of jeans I was wearing before surgery, I tried them on, expecting them to be loose. They were not!!! They are the strechy kind of material, and when I used to put them on after being freshly washed they were quite tight (sometimes I had to lay down to zip them) and within an hour or so they would get looser. They weren't tight at all when I put them on fresh out of the dryer, so I guess they were a bit looser than before. I guess I just wanted them to fall off me!!! I just can't wait to have to buy new clothes. We went thrift shoping the other day, and I bought myself a couple of smaller tops... I just can't wait to fit into them!!!

My day will come soon.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home