Julie's Journey

Monday, September 15, 2008

A moment of clarity..

First off... I want to give a big "hi" to all those out there in cyberspace reading my blog. I appreciate all my friends...virtual and otherwise. And Diz, my friend...you can call me Jules, or anything you want!!!

I just wanted to say I had an Aha! moment the other day. I was out to dinner with one of the moms from one of my "older moms" groups. It was just the two of us, so I told her about being banded. I am not hiding it...but I am not advertising it either.

Anyway, we were talking about how much weight I had lost and she asked me how much I waned to lose she asked "about 100?" Bless her heart. I told her, "No, more like 200) She said "You are almost a quarter there!!!" That was a major moment for me, since I have been looking at how far I have to go, instead of how far I have been. Don't get me wrong... I am proud of how much I have lost already... I know that is a great accomplishment. It just that I look at my ticker and see how much I still need to lose and it is a bit discouraging!!! It took that small comment to change it from glass half empty to glass half full!!

More soon...

3 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

you are doing awesome. Keep up the good work.

September 16, 2008 at 1:12 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I had a friend point out to me that I was about 1/3 of the way to goal. I hadn't looked at it like that before. It's so nice to see those great moments of realization. You are doing great. Also, I'm glad you told your friend and that she's supportive.

September 16, 2008 at 7:58 PM  
Blogger Diz said...

Hey Jules, how cool that someone elses' perspective can open a window. Sometimes I get so focused on losing, that I don't think about what I've lost or how much lighter I feel, how how well I can breathe....know what I mean? And just so you know....My life is so much brighter with you in it!

September 18, 2008 at 10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home