Julie's Journey

Friday, January 22, 2010

been quite stressed

Well..... let's see.

In the last 2 weeks my MIL has been put in hospice, my grandfather, grandmother, sister and mom have all been in the hospital, and my husband has had surgery, not to mention I have had to have Kayleigh at the E.R. for the ear infections from Hell. It has been quite crazy for me.

This all started about 2 weeks ago when Judy (the MIL) was calling for us at 3AM. She was too week to get off the toilet. I had to pretty much carry her back to bed. I offered to call 911 after that, but she said no. This in itself told me there was a major problem, since she has gone to the E.R. (by ambulance) every 6 moths or so for the past 6 years. She loved being admitted, they never found anything wrong..... except for that last visit where she was diagnosed with her lung cancer.

Anyway, the same morning this happened with Judy my grandma had the same type issue with my grandfather. She had to call 911 for him when he couldn't get off the toilet. He was admitted to the hospital with a "small case of pneumonia".

2 days later Judy decided she needed to go to the hospital. She said she couldn't get to the car, so I had to call 911. I followed her up there, she was in the E.R for a long time. They did an MRI of her brain and said she had 20-30 spots of cancer on her brain. They admitted her and said her oncologist would be up the next day.

Meanwhile...... 1,300 miles away........

My sister and my grandmother went to visit my grandpa at the hospital. They went out for dinner afterwards and within a couple of hours they were both sick. Sheila ended having to call 911 for them. She spent the night in the E.R. and grandma spent about 2 days in the hospital.

In the meantime the oncologist told Judy he would check into more brain radiation, but even with it she would only have 6-12 weeks. He ordered a MRI of her back/abdomen, since she was complaining she had been falling a lot and was having pain from that. They did the MRI and the cancer was everywhere.... the base of her brain, her spine, shoulders, pelvis, tailbone. He told her they could not treat it and she had about 2 weeks.

That same day I brought Ron home from the hospital after having a hernia repair (outpatient).
That night Kayleigh started crying hysterically about her ear hurting. I ended up taking her to the E.R (this was her 4th infection since November 3rd) She ended up getting 2 antibiotic shots, and I had to bring her back the next 2 nights for 2 more shots each day.

Judy went to hospice, where she was doing as well as could be expected.

A week after Kayleighs last shot she got another infection (by this time I had already taken her to the pediatric ENT..... she did not have an infection at this time) So, now she is on her 5th antibiotic in a little over 2 months. We have started over in the drugs she is taking.

My brother in law, Steve came to stay with us to spend some time with Judy, though she is so out of it now she does not even know anyone is here. They told us on Monday that she had 2-3 days left. It is Friday and she is still around.

Again..... across the country.....

My grandfather was sent to a nursing home. My sister and my cousin have been trading time staying with grandma. My sister took my mom to the pulmonologist yesterday for a bad bronchitis which wouldn't go away. They were sent directly to the E.R. and mom was admitted.

I just want to go home and see my family.

When Judy does go we are taking her back to Ohio for a showing and a funeral (her choice) this is going to cost us around $6,000. No one is going to help us, it will come right out of our pocket.

Judy just won't die. (please don't judge me for saying this... it is inevitable, she is in pain even though she is really drugged up. She will not get better, but is holding on.) I just want this whole thing to be over.

Feeling stressed........


Blogger meandmygizmo said...

Now that's some stress! Hang in there!

January 22, 2010 at 12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home