Julie's Journey

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Approved



I got my approval letter a couple days ago for surgery. Of course, it is probably going to take 9-10 months until I am "up to bat."

I am seeing the same gastro doctor who diagnosed my erosion on Tuesday. I am hoping she will call and request I have surgery a LOT sooner due to a medical issue. I am kind of upset I had the band removed. I did not have the symptoms associated with an erosion: loss of restriction (I still had plenty) and port infections (nope, none there, either). If I hadn't seen the pictures of the erosion with my own 4 eyes, I wouldn't believe it. I still have the same original pain, plus the added "fun" of the left shoulder/neck/arm pain.

By the way, thank you to everyone who gave me feedback on this pain. I did go to my PCP and she ordered a stress test. It was fine, even the cardiologist administering it agreed with me that it was my stomach, not my heart. I also googled it, and left sided pain is not unheard of with gastroparesis.

So.... now I am bandless, waiting for a bypass, fighting my food addiction every day, and still in pain . Sorry for the little whine there... maybe I should go get myself some cheese????

I'll update after seeing the doctor on Tuesday.

Later.....

2 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

Wow Julie! I am so sorry to hear that you have had such a bad time of it. But I am glad to hear that you have your Approval. Here's hoping that the Doctor agrees and goes to bat for you to get the Surgery sooner, rather than later!!

Debi: http://hawaiiboundbandster.blogspot.com/

April 17, 2011 at 4:54 PM  
Blogger Gen said...

This is great news Julie, at least you don't have to worry about fighting for your approval! Hopefully it will come sooner rather than later. I know I would revert back to food addiction in a second without my band. Don't feel bad about it.

Just think how much you will lose with the bypass! And no fills!

April 17, 2011 at 6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home