Julie's Journey

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Would I do it all again?

In a word, yes. Thank you for asking that oozyxena. I am officially at 4 months today. I would never have been able to lose over 50 pounds (and keep it off) in less than 4 months pre-band.

Do I wish I hadn't had all the other issues? Yes, of course. At the beginning did I have regrets and a case of "What did I do to myself's?" I sure did. But, whats done is done.

I know 5o+ pounds is good, but I am emmbarassed to admit...I am a bit disappointed. I have been comparing my loss to other peoples (wrong, I know, so very wrong) and feel like I am "falling behind" I knew going in it was work, and nothing would come easy... or in this case, the weight wouldn't go easy. I know I should be happy for what I have lost so far (and I am... happy and thankfull). Please don't think I'm not. I have always been a immediate gratification sort of girl, and am just impatient. I am setting a goal for myself right now of 75 pounds by years end. I believe that is not expecting too much, and a perfectly reasonable goal. If I don't make it (and there is no reason I shouldn't) I will just pick myself up, dust myself off, and keep going until I hit that goal. How adult of me, huh??

Kayleigh and I are heading to the airport soon to fly to MI. I am looking forward to seeing my friends and family. I am a little concerned about my weight..though I think it might actually be nice for me not to obsess over my scale for 10 days ;))

So...until I return, take it easy everyone.

4 Comments:

Blogger DocSly said...

Julie, you can do it. Walk, walk, walk and keep up the good work.

October 24, 2008 at 6:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GIRL Do not MAKE Me beat you for comparing yourself to other people. You have done AWESOME !!!!
YOu have done awesome for someone who has NOT had issues. Keep your chin up your doing great .
Love
Mindy

October 24, 2008 at 6:35 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Julie - everyone is different. You should never compare yourself to others (I know Mindy said this - but it is so true!).

I'm six months out and down 50 pounds - so you are doing better than me...I know some that have lost 100 pounds (that started when I did). My point is - they are not me. They are also not you. You can only do the best you can do - no one expects more. Just keep moving forward. No regrets.

October 24, 2008 at 2:35 PM  
Blogger Diz said...

Well...let me just put you on the right track by saying...I lost my 47 lbs before banding, and since being banded, have not lost a damned thing. Pretty much maintained, but not lost, and I was banded in June. So Girlie, I think you're doing fantastic!

October 27, 2008 at 1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home