Julie's Journey

Thursday, October 2, 2008

My new goal

I went to Lane Bryant yesterday to get a couple new bras. The one I was wearing was wayyyyy too big. The ones I bought are 6 inches smaller (granted, the one I had was really old and streched out. It never really fit all that well.) Now the girls are up where they are supposed to be!!! Anyway, I was looking through the 50% off rack and absolutley fell in love with a pair of jeans. (see pic down below) they are 3 sizes smaller than what I am wearing now. I have 90 days to return them. I have decided if I am not in them by Christmas, they are going back. I compared them to the jeans I am wearing now, and there is a massive size difference!!! My nurse, Heather, told me last night that by Christmas those jeans are going to be too big on me. Gee, I hope she's right.

I asked Ron the other night if he sees any change in me. Other than in pictures of my ass-end I don't see any. He said "well...when you start working out and firm up a bit..." I'll take that as a no ;O What the heck does he think I have been doing 3 times a week?? I was telling the ladies at the pool about it, and they were like "Oh, yeah, I can see it. Even your face is thinner than it was" One of the women there tells me every time she sees me how she can see me losing weight, and she didn't even know about the band!!! I just love my new gym friends. They are the nicest, most friendly and helpful group of women.

Well, I am at 48 pounds now. Hopefully I will be posting 50 pounds next week! I hope to be posting a pic in my new jeans soon too ;)))

4 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

So why would you return them if you're not in them by Christmas? You'll get in them eventually and they are beautiful. It's nice to have beautiful things to shrink into. You're certainly worth it!

October 3, 2008 at 3:20 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Julie
I love your blog and you've had an amzing journey to date. You're going gangbusters - I can't see you returning those jeans! Mel

October 4, 2008 at 4:45 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Congrats on the weight loss. Those jeans are beautiful!! I'm glad you bought them anywayd. They can be an incentive. I've done that with a couple of things and am so glad I did. What does your husband know, he sees you every single day....my husband can't tell either until he sees pictures of me before. I'm so very happy for you! Keep up the great work.

October 6, 2008 at 2:12 PM  
Blogger Diz said...

Men have a hard time seeing changes unless it slaps them in the face. Women have eagle eyes and they KNOW! Never fear, it's happening for you. I love the new jeans. I think the ladies are right. You should keep them.

P.S. Thanks for having my back Jules. I so appreciate you.

October 6, 2008 at 6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home