Julie's Journey

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Not much going on

I gained one pound last week (I'm thinking it's fairly obvious when I gain... I don't even bother posting for that week) But I was down 2 pounds this week. Less than 40 pounds to -100. Maybe by that time I'll be in a smaller size, huh?? I know it's just numbers, but it so bugs me I am still wearing the same size jeans after 62 pounds lost!!!! Un-freaking-believable.

On the good side.. I finally made an appointment with my PCP to see about getting a CT scan ordered for my abdomen. It is getting bigger seemingly daily. It is possible that it is a natural thing (I watch Biggest Loser...< my only reality show>... and I see other big girls that seem to look the same way.) It could just be that I am losing weight around the area, making it look bigger. Does that make any sense??? I am experiencing pain in the area though.. and it seems to be growing a bit lopsided... so I guess it is time to have it looked at. I am almost at the point where my surgeon would fix a hernia (he said he would not fix it until I am at a 40 or less BMI. I am at about 43 or so now.) I just dread the though of a possble surgery (after all I've been through... can ya really blame me??? ;)

I'll post when I get an answer from the doctor. Have a great week everyone.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

you should go to the website for the 50 million pound challenge. It has allot of tips, and just some fun stuff too! At least you are still losing!! Keep perservering!! Did I spell that right?LOL where is spell check when you need it! Call me later! Love Donna

February 1, 2009 at 6:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

P.S. I think you haven't gone down a size only because of the type of clothes you are wearing! Don't beat up on yourself too much, and also try and keep a journal, I think it helps!! Love Donna

February 1, 2009 at 6:07 AM  
Blogger Diz said...

62 lbs lost! That is so fantastic! I know what you mean about looking a little lopsided. I'm having fun with the laying on my side part. I can feel my hip bones and everything, but the fat is pooled on the bed. Then I roll over and it all shifts to the other side. What fun!

Yea, I know the hernia stuff is scary for you, but I have to believe that this time will work out and you'll feel like a million afterward.

February 1, 2009 at 11:56 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

So any news about your possible hernia? Hope you're doing well.

February 7, 2009 at 10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home