Julie's Journey

Saturday, March 14, 2009

I've been sick, and sad

First off... I started getting a sore throat Tuesday night. By Wednesday morning I could not talk, my throat hurt so much and my glands were so swollen. It kept getting worse and worse. I went to the doctors on Thursday and it turned out I had strep. I have been on an antibiotic since then (and boy, is liquid Cipro nasty!!!) anyway, since I wasn't able to eat (or even drink water) I lost 5.4 pounds. A tough way to lose, but a loss is a loss.


I joined Curves on Tuesday and,of course, have not been able to go again since because of feeling so bad. I intend to go M-F after work (they are closed on Sun and Sat is iffy since Ron tends to work on weekends and the MIL sleeps in ) but... I intend to go every day I can.

I added a couple of new pictures... I truly don't see much change in the last few months. The top picture is me in my new size 26 jeans, and a shorter top (that is the biggest difference... I have always worn really long shirts... usually T-shirts I bought at a big mens store in X Long) Even though I don't really see a difference, I feel it. I also got a haircut.. it's fairly short. I have not had my hair cut in at least 10 years, so it was quite a change. I feel like I am slowly re-inventing myself. I'm betting my lapband readers know what I am talking about?

Now to the sad part.... I got a call from a friend that a mutual friend of ours had passed away. I hadn't spoken to her for at least 10 years, but I spoke of her fairly often... she was a real character. While I was sick I spent a lot of time on the phone talking about Kelly, her funeral, and re-living funny Kelly stories with friends. I am sad and upset I will not be able to go to her funeral (she lived in Iowa, but her body was shipped back to Michigan) since I am here in Colorado. It's times like these I realize how much I have always relied on friends and family. Life is what it is though. I'm still looking forward to going to MI in early April.

I'll miss ya Killer Jo...rest in peace.

5 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

So sorry for the loss of your friend.

I totally know what you mean about reinventing yourself. For me it was like coming out of a cocoon, a fat cocoon and feeling totally transformed.

March 14, 2009 at 12:50 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Oh Julie...i'm so sorry to hear about your friend. You must be going through a very difficult time and I'm sorry for that. Please know that I'm here for you if you need to chat.

I can tell the difference your photos. You are looking so good. I hope you get along well with this hernia, and not have the trouble you had with the last one.

Take care my friend
Deb

March 14, 2009 at 5:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You Look Great!!!!

March 14, 2009 at 8:37 PM  
Blogger Diz said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. That she is in your heart is what counts.

I know what you mean about re-inventing ourselves. It reminds me of the Collective Soul Song "Better Now". Check it out.

March 22, 2009 at 3:58 PM  
Blogger Diz said...

Hey Girlie...just checkin up on ya. Stay strong.

March 29, 2009 at 3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home