Julie's Journey

Saturday, April 25, 2009

a large setback

Well, before I went to MI I gained 5 pounds. Not completeley sure why... perhaps PMS weight gain. Then while I was in MI I gained another 8 (this is so painfull to even admit... let alone put in writing) As usual, while in MI I was wayyyy too tight. Instead of trying my best I kind of lost my teeny tiny little mind. I ate so badly. I refound my love of Reeses Peanut Butter cups, I also had quite a few vanilla milkshakes from McDonalds, as well as eating an entire ice cream mud pie. I brought my protien powder... but it never came out of the closet where I put it at my grandmothers house. I am kicking myself now, of course (hindsight being 20/20 and all that) but... what's done is done. I just need to get myself back on track again. I just need to keep my next mini goal in mind (-100 pounds.... hopefully by my one year bandiversary in late June)

Well, on to other news. My MIL finished her first round of chemo while we were in MI. She also had a bone scan, which came back negative. She starts her next round on Monday. After that she needs to have a chest CT. If the spot on her upper lung is gone it is bad news, that would mean the cancer has spread past the mass in the lungs. If the spot is still there it means it was not cancer and she can have radiation, which would give her as the doctor says, "a much better outcome"

Physically she seems to be doing OK. It is so hard to tell, since I suspect she is really playing up some of her issues (I could be wrong, but I am so used to her and her Munchausens, I tend to take all her complaints with a grain of salt anymore.) Her main complaint is tiredness, which the doctors office told her should be gone a week or so after chemo. She also claims she fell a couple of times while we were in MI. I just don't know what to believe....

I guess that is all for now. Later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home