Julie's Journey

Friday, April 9, 2010

Got a fill

I went for a fill yesterday. I got .4cc's. I am a bit under 7 cc's now. I am hoping this kick starts my loss.

When I first weighed in the medical assisatant was like "Wow, you've lost 20 pounds since the last time you were here... that's great!" Then I found out that was last July!!!!!!

The surgeon I was seeing there is now gone, so I asked the other surgeon about fixing my hernia. He came in and checked it out. He asked me if I was going to want to have plastic surgery (I would... though not sure if it is ever going to happen) He told me he would suggest waiting until my weight has stabilized, since insurance does not pay for P.S. Usually the hospital will give you some sort of break on what you have to pay out of pocket for the plastics when you have an insurance covered procedure at the same time. This was the deal I worked out for the payment on my band surgery when I had the hernia repaired (the second time!!!)

He told me at the rate I am going he sees me getting down to 140-150 pounds. Are you kidding me????? It has taken me almost 2 years to get down almost 100 pounds. Another 100???? Unless I make some huge changes (mainly exercise) it is going to take me for-ev-er to lose another 100.

I told the nurse doing my fill about the remark Dr Metz made last time I saw him when I told him I was eating too few calories. He said "People in concentration camps ate less than that and lost weight" She was quite taken aback by this. I told her I found it VERY offensive. She agreed, and said she was so suprised he said this... especially since he is Orthodox. She apologized for this (though, of course, it was not her fault). I still find this offensive and disturbing every time I think about it.



I know when you are first banded you are told you need to listen to your body and your "soft stops". I have not been doing this. My big one is when I am full my nose runs a bit. I never listen to this stop. I am going to start listening to it. I don't care if I have only eaten 3 bites. I am going to put the fork down and walk away. This is going to be quite difficult for me, since I still really love eating.

I am hoping between this and the increased exercise I will start losing at a quicker pace.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gen said...

Hey Julie! I know it is hard to believe but you CAN make that 140-150 goal. We have to look at the big picture (this is what I've been telling myself during the past 6 weeks when I lost nothing).

Hope this fill does the trick for you. I think you are totally on the right track. Also, I did not exercise at all during the past 6 weeks after my gallbladder surgery, and I am certain this contributed to my stall. Exercise is key, as much as we all wish it was not!

Hope you and the family are well.

April 9, 2010 at 1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home