Julie's Journey

Friday, June 26, 2009

One year!!!!

Well, it's been one year. Thank you all for going along with me on this journey. Just a warning though... it's not over yet..so please keep all hands inside the ride.

Some random thoughts.....

72 pounds is darn good.

I wish it were more (though, as stated above...72 is darn good)

I am proud of how far I have come.

I try not to look at how far I have to go.

I will get there.

I wish I had exercised more at the beginning.

I am exercising now.

I need to exercise more.

I have had times I was not perfect with my food choices.

I haven't been terrible, and after all.... nobody's perfect.

I am a work in progress and attempting to learn and make better choices every day

I didn't get this big overnight.

I am accepting the fact I will not lose it overnight.

I still have moments I wish I had gone for bypass.

I know that wish is just due to my impatience and somewhat unreal expectations.

I do not regret my choice of being banded as opposed to bypass.

I know it was the correct choice for me.

I still want to eat.

I guess that "head hunger" never goes completely away.

I am getting better every day about listening to my band, it knows whats right.

It has been quite a year for me, I have lost 72 pounds as well as a good friend, Rest in Peace Kelly. I have been really happy, to the point of giddiness, as well as down due to those nasty plateaus. I have seen another friend have bypass soon after my surgery, and doing great. Looking good Jack. I have met a lot of great people thorugh lapband talk. Some I have met in person... some virtual friends. Thank you one and all. I have gotten a lot of feedback, advice and support from everyone... lapbanders and non lapbanders alike. I want you to know I love and appreciate you all.

A special thank you to my wonderful sister Sheila. I love you sis. As well as my sister from another mother, Donna. I am so glad we met, and that you are part of my life.

I guess that is all for now. Must...go...exercise.

Later....

3 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Congratulations, Julie on an important milestone! You'll get there. It's not a race, and you are moving in the right direction. Thanks for sharing your reflections.

June 26, 2009 at 12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS GIRL ! You have come a LOOONNNGGGG way !!

June 26, 2009 at 10:17 PM  
Blogger Diz said...

Congratulations Girl. I've been holding off writing my anniversary blog. Just a swirl of emotions with it. I'm so proud of you and your accomplishments. Despite adversity, you were able lose 72 lbs!!! That is so awesome! Yes, we all can exercise more, and eat better, but we're all human and we're living! I think you are so inspirational!

July 5, 2009 at 10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home